TITLE: Senior Electrical Design Engineer
Purpose of your role:
Reporting to the Electrical and Controls Manager, the Senior Electrical Design Engineer is a key member of the electrical and controls team at CambridgeHOK. The role requires a senior level engineer to lead the day to day electrical engineering activities, providing detailed design engineering as well as working closely with the sales/estimating team to provide concept designs, estimates and budgets to a wide-ranging variety of projects. This role requires the engineer to take the lead on all electrical engineering and has a wide breadth of knowledge of building electrical requirements. In addition to main design duties this role enjoys a close working relationship with live engineering projects. You will need to support the site operations team and be able to make informed decisions on all electrical matters.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Review enquiries with the electrical team and agree a concept design for all systems.
· Provide concept designs and costings and assist in tender preparation including specification writing.
· Development of initial concept designs to full detailed design on successful projects – taking the lead of the electrical team as required.
· Produce detailed designs with all aspects of electrical design including, Low Voltage distribution, Cable management systems, Fire detection and alarms, Lighting design (including controls), Small power, Structured cabling/data point provision.
· Calculate voltage drops, supply sizes, protections systems etc.
· Have a solid understanding of electrical requirements for building and HVAC systems.
· Have a good understanding of controls integration and be able to liaise with the controls team to help steer control philosophy and assist creation of descriptions of operation.
· Responsible for leading electrical designs to agreed project budgets and ensuring all team members take financial responsibility in design, updating Easy Build as required.
· Assist in the preparation of bills of materials.
· Ensure comprehensive design and specification packages are handed over to the Operations Team with detailed costs and budgets.
· Attend all project meetings internally and with clients as required.
· Assist in the resolution of problems and issues on site as they occur.
· Prepare documentation for the Operation and Maintenance manual, obtaining copies of warranties, certificates and “as fitted” drawings as necessary.
· Support the customer post installation and answer queries.
· Post Project Evaluation of Key Lessons Learnt.
· Ensure your CPD is kept up to date and relevant.
· Any other reasonable tasks as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
· Experience using software packages such as Amtech and Hevacomp etc.
· A good understanding LV systems and experience of HV is an advantage.
· Experience of renewable technology and in particular CHP connections.
· Minimum of Degree qualified within Building Services, Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
· Charted Engineer or working towards with professional body registration such as CIBSE or IET.
· Strong technical experience essential.
All direct and third party applications will be forwarded to Emmerson Kitney.
Emmerson Kitney recruit Engineering roles at all levels throughout the region. If this role is not suitable for you we would be happy to have an informal chat regarding any future opportunities.
While we will endeavour to respond to every applicant personally, on occasion this is not always possible, therefore, if you have not heard back from us within 14 days of applying, you have been unsuccessful.
Emmerson Kitney is committed to a policy of equal opportunities in relation to job applications. A copy of our Policy is available upon request.
Emmerson Kitney is acting in the capacity of an Employment Agency for permanent appointments and an Employment Business for temporary assignments.